Friday 16 January 2015

1:100 Scale Model & Case Studies - Elaine Tan

Overview of my model at the site

First attempt of my part model showing the interior of the indoor waterpark

Case Study that I adopted for my 1:100 scale model - Westgate Wonderland

Case Study that I adopted for my 1:100 scale model - SpongeBob Squarepants Pineapple House
 
For my 1:100 Scale model, I focus on nature and adopted inspiration from the SpongeBob Squarepants. I felt that it will be a good idea to make my indoor waterpark into SpongeBob square pants themed water park. In addition, I'm wondering whether I should make my waterpark to be half indoor and half outdoors (pls give me suggestions) ;-) For the structure of the play area in my 1:100 Scale, the inside of the "trunk" will not be a boring staircase for them to walk but instead, there will be high elements ropes within it for users to climb, crawl or balance themselves to make it to either to the second or third storey of the structure.

 

front view of my 1:100 scale model (draft)


top view of my 1:100 scale model.
Wires representing the slides from each of the level connecting to another structure. the "cave" structure was actually inspired from pineapple house (but I don't know how to make the structure to resemble an pineapple still trying and figuring out in progress. There will be more play elements within the area coming up)


Rough sketch of the structure. The column mainly inspired from tree trunks and the holes on the tree trunk allow users to gain access in and out of the structure. The platform is actually inspired by leaves and the top of the structure is inspired by flowers.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Check your scale. Use a scale ruler and imagine how much space all your elements take. This was the comment that the lecturers gave. Can you fit all the things into your indoor area? As it is from what I see, your design is out of scale and will not be able to fit the site.
    2. What is your initial design inspiration? Why Spongebob suddenly? Why the big flower? This stage is not about new ideas or reinventing the wheel but to develop what you already have further.
    3. Why indoors? This was the question we asked too in the last crit. Was there nobody taking down notes for you? In Singapore, is ther a need for an indoor waterplay? Don't people enjoy it outdoors more?

    ReplyDelete