Monday 12 January 2015

Adisak- Da Play Hopping Experience!

The first place I visited was Yishun Safra Adventure Rock Wall, it the home to the majority of rock climbers. Also, this rock wall is catered to the annually held competitve event, SAFRA ADVENTURA, where competitors compete in a series of obstacles courses which includes conquering this rock wall obstacles. On the day itself, I get to experience first hand the course of this actual event happening.



Over the weekend, I had the chance to witness another annual event hosted by SMU (Singapore Management University), which is the SMU Gravical, It a bouldering challenge event where students are suppose to climb to the top of the wall, and hit the sensor. 


Although it a low wall, how organizers make this wall playful is by varying the size and the number of the grips. Also the grips are distanced far apart from each other and there is a time limit set at 12 mins per group of 6. While climbing, these climbers also need to think ways to angulate themselves or even jump to grab the next grip. 

The last place I went is to Gardens by the Bay Children @ Playground. Been through the whole area, and chanced upon a child rock wall. This is actually a very gentle sloping wall. I tried it I felt that it was just too good for a play + relaxation spot where children can climb to the top and sit or lie there! Like me! (: 


Model Progess:


 Interior of the model (in the making)
Structure of the Clip on challenge rock wall model

3 comments:

  1. Were you at SAFRA Yishun on Sunday? I was there, taking part in the adventure race with my son. :)
    You have seen the big walls for more advance climbers as well as a gentle sloping one for kids. So how are you going to incorporate what you have experienced into your site design to make it better?
    - Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yups! I was! Around 2+ pm. Took part in the adventure race once as well. I am redesigning the kid's rock wall in conjunction with the F&B where parents can overlook their children. To better catered to my design and also to the safety of the children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er..... that's it for the Part 2 1:100 Detailed Design?

    ReplyDelete