Sunday 11 January 2015

Reflections on forest adventure, GBTB and Onsight climbing gym. - Shawn

I have went to 3 different sites to search for inspirations.
First site was the forest adventure at bedok reservoir.


These two elements caught my eye immediately when i got there, as my model already has a 7.5m tower with net climbing feature.
What inspired me was the picture on the right which shows rope wooden ladder connected to a tree for people to get up in order to play the elements. I figured out that i could use a similar method as this for my first (5m) tower for youths to get up the tower playfully instead of taking lift.


Secondly, i noticed a extended rope across the reservoir river and i realised that people are having flying fox activity. It gave me the idea of putting a similar idea of flying fox extended rope from my tallest tower to my shortest tower, maybe i would add a seat to the safety harness to enhance comfort...  This flying fox method was used by connecting one rope to a tree trunk to another tree trunk.

Second site would be the onsight climbing gym near geylang.


This climbing gym offers the public a variety of rock climbing walls. There are kids walls which can range from 5m to 10m. There are also a 15m high speed climbing wall there!
Makes me want to incorporate rock climbing into my 3rd (10m) tower...
Maybe i can have 2 walls on my 3rd tower, one side for the kids, another side for the youths.

3rd and final site would be... GARDENS BY THE BAY!



This elevated skyway was the main reason why i decided to make a quick trip to GBTB.
There were a lot of families there along the skyway, some kids did not dare to look down at the view but their parents were holding their hands throughout the walk. The entire walk wasn't very intense but looking down from the skyway definitely gave me some thrills.
It inspired me to put something similar like this between my towers, maybe two elevated walkways. One 5m elevated walkway that connects my 1st and 2nd tower, and another 10m elevated walkway that connects my 3rd and last tower.

Overall, i think i got pretty good inspirations from my trips. However, i'm trying to adopt the methods without copying the entire idea of each elements.

-Shawn
TD01







1 comment:

  1. Great that you are looking at how you can incorporate what you have learnt into your design. Make your towers fun. Make the journey up and down the towers fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete