Monday 12 January 2015

Muhd Sufyan 1401725E Pasir Ris Park

PASIR RIS PARK
Main playground






a polygon-like structure with symmetrical placing of nets. The holes in the net may be too small for those above 9. It has an interesting shape and form. However, the angle of the slide is not "good" as it is hard for kids to slide down.





It has a rather interesting concept, users can go inside, from the side or climb to the top. The downside is that it is impossible to stand unless your head comes out the hole. One way to improve is to connect this to a slide or another structure as it is pointless with the way it is formed


This structure is dangerous as the 'steps' are too high up and the gap are too far apart. This can be used for users aged 10 above but below that, it's deemed hard.



This part is loved by many, but the structure is quite old. If I were to put this in my park it is so that users would be able to travel from one side of the park to the other with ease.


I like the concept of the bridge as the floors are made of rubber and you can bounce on the bridge while crossing it. It could however be connected to another structure.




The spacenet was a challenge. Although the signs says below 12, I think that any age would be acceptable. the holes between each nets are rather wide. This would be a great addition to my park if I were to want to play with height.

I think the Pasir Ris Park's playground has a lot to offer and I think I can incorporate some of the designs and structures to my park to make it better.
(big thanks to my younger brother for being the "model")


1 comment:

  1. The first item seems like a new addition to the park. Good. Hope that you had fun.
    The equipment as you have pointed out are all individually sited. There is opportunity to link them up to form a continuous play element. See how you can incorporate what you have learnt on your site.

    ReplyDelete