Monday 12 January 2015

Nur Filza Asmira

Sembawang Park Battleship Playground


Overview of the playground


One of the entrances to climb up the playground


Slides interlocking with one another


The link between the different parts of the playground


Sembawang Park Battleship Playground is one interesting playground, I must say. I admit I was a tad bit excited to try it out. There is 4 parts to the playground. The entrances are unique as the only to go up is to climb. There is not any stairs or ramps, only rock climbing walls, a metal ladder and a netted hole (shown in the second picture). What interest me most is the slides. The highest elements in the playground. The slides interlock with one another instead of going into one direction. I can incorporate this in my design as my play area involve slides. I think the height and direction of the slides is what interest me. It is not just a typical flat slide. Also, plus point for the shade. People can slide comfortably without worrying about the weather.


Toa Payoh Dragon Playground


Back view of the playground


Overview of the playground


A closer view of the play element


The play element which connects from the head to the tail


From the looks of it, it is an old playground. It is a simple yet interesting. Unfortunately, I could not play because there were some filming going on. What makes it interesting is the body of the dragon. I like how there is colours instead of one solid colour to make it seem appear more playful. Since it is an old playground, the slides are of an old kind. A straight slide. I would say it is not very fun as the slide is simple and ride is short. For my play area,  I think I will incorporate the dragon's body. It looks fun and playful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh it is unfortunate that you did not get a chance to play on the Dragon Playground. It is so iconic and important that National Heritage Board is conserving it!
    Why do you think the Sembawang playground has a battleship? Can children learn about history while having fun at the same time?
    What else can you incorporate from what you learnt into your design to make it better? - Ron

    ReplyDelete